The Johnston Family Blog



Happenings and musings from the Johnston family







Saturday, November 8, 2008

With You

Isaiah 43:1-2

This past week a couple we know who go to Covenant Life church (where Dave went to the Pastor's College) lost their 5 week old baby girl suddenly and unexpectedly. I cannot imagine the deep pain and grief that they are experiencing. We've been praying for them and their two little girls ever since hearing the news. I have been holding my two boys a little tighter too. I read this hymn in Spurgeon's "Beside Still Waters" this week:

"There is no adversity so dark, so deep, or so apparently pathless that you cannot discover the Crucified One's footsteps when you kneel. In the fires, in the rivers, in the cold night, and under the burning sun He cries:

Fear not I am with you, O be not dismayed.
For I am your God, and will still give you aid.
I'll strengthen you, help you, and cause you to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand

When through the deep waters I call you to go,
The rivers of sorrow will not overflow,
For I will be with you, your trials to bless,
And sanctify to you your deepest distress

When through fiery trials your pathway shall lie,
My grace all-sufficient shall be your supply
The flames shall not hurt you, I only design
Your dross to consume and your gold to refine."

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. - Revelation 21.4

I read this blog post a few months ago and I think it's excellent. It's by a woman who had a stillbirth baby girl and it's "How to Help Your Grieving Friend."

http://thepipers.wordpress.com/2008/03/25/how-to-help-your-grieving-friend/

May the Lord comfort this family and be so, so near to them in their loss.

No comments: