The Johnston Family Blog



Happenings and musings from the Johnston family







Friday, April 23, 2010

Liam's Doctor's Appointment

I took Liam for his second doctor's appointment today and found out that he gained 12 ounces in one week! I couldn't believe it. He went from 6 lbs, 12 ounces last Friday to 7 pounds, 9 ounces today. I was so excited!!!

He was diagnosed with reflux yesterday at AI. He had an ultrasound and upper GI done to rule out some more serious problems that cause frequent spitting up. The more serious problems were ruled out, but he does have a little reflux. So he is taking Zantac just like David. :) But apparently all that spitting up is not affecting his weight gain. He's my little piggy!

Liam's given me a little more sleep the last couple of nights, so I am hoping and praying that continues! We are all enjoying every minute with our littlest.

2 comments:

Adrian and Meredith said...

Congratulations on the weight gain! I know what a relief it is to see the numbers on the scale go up like that.

Thanks to your advice and guidance, Lyndon is sleeping 9-11 hours through the night now! It's been such a blessing (especially for Adrian) to be able to get that much sleep. Ironically, though, I still wake up at 3 am and find myself kind of missing those middle-of-the-night feedings. They grow up so fast!

Sarah said...

Yippee for sleep! I am so glad Lyndon is sleeping for you, and I know what you mean about the middle of the night feedings. With David and Owen, I would wake up wondering why the baby wasn't awake! I am enjoying this precious time where Liam is a newborn and I know I will miss it!