The Johnston Family Blog



Happenings and musings from the Johnston family







Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fogo de Chao

Busy weekend...but fun times!
Saturday night we had our 2nd annual dinner at Fogo de Chao in Philadelphia with our friends, Keith and Lindy. Another very fun evening. I love going to the city and we enjoyed eating as much meat as we could fit! (I don't think I'll look at another steak until next year!) For those of you who don't know what Fogo de Chao is, it's a Brazilian steakhouse with all you can eat meat! You have a little coaster at your table with a red side and a green side. When you turn it on the green side, people just rush at your table with all different types/cuts of meat until you flip it over to the red side. And you go on like this until you feel like you can't get up from the table!!! Absolutely delicious!!! After dinner, we walked around the city and stopped in a bar to watch the end of the Villanova/Pittsburgh game...talk about an exciting ending!!! Of course, I couldn't resist taking a few pictures and we even stopped in the middle of Broad Street to take a few...! It was fun to take pictures of something outside of our little town.
We do this to celebrate all of our birthdays together. Keith and Lindy - thanks for being such wonderful and fun friends and Happy early/belated birthday! :)


Watching Villanova win!

Yes, we got dessert too!
Me and my love
Here comes the meat!
Toast to our birthdays!
Enjoying the exotic and fabulous salad/bread/cheese/vegetable bar
Here we go...

3 comments:

InDeeds said...

Fogo De Chao is amazing! My office went one year as a Christmas party...when your coaster is green, they really do rush at you! My boss (aka the only man in our office of very girly girls) was determined to keep it green as long as possible - but before too long his plate was so full, he had to flip it to red so he would actually have time to eat all the meat they put on his plate!

Adrian and Meredith said...

I just want you to know that I keep your blog open on my computer long after I've finished reading it because I LOVE the song it plays! Where did you get it?

Sarah said...

It's from the movie Twilight. I found it on playlist. If you click on it on my sidebar, it will take you to it. It must be a part of the movie's soundtrack (I saw the movie just a couple of weeks ago, and they had some really pretty piano music!)