The Johnston Family Blog



Happenings and musings from the Johnston family







Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Baby Boy Number 2 (yes, we STILL don't have a name!)

As the weeks are going by more and more quickly and my schedule is filling up with doctor's appointments, biophysical profiles, ultrasounds and preparing all the little details for our little boy's arrival, I can sometimes be tempted to be overwhelmed or anxious. Lately, the Lord has been, by His grace, directing my eyes to Him. If I look to my own strength and weakness, I will surely fail, but I have a source of never-ending grace who will surely give me new mercies every day to fulfill the role that He has given me. Thank you Lord that I need not rely on my own strength, but instead I have a Rock to lean on who will give me the grace I need to love my husband and to mother my two boys and to serve others. Thank you that I know your promises are true and steadfast and just as you have shown yourself faithful to me all of my life, you will continue to be faithful to me in the future. Thank you that in spite of my great sin and weakness, you have given me all good things because of the cross!

“Because He has already been our help,
we feel confidence in Him for the present and the future.
Our prayer is ‘Lord, be Thou my helper’;
our experience is, ‘The Spirit also helps us in our weakness’;
our expectation is, ‘I will lift up mine eyes to the hills from whence cometh my help’;
and our song soon will be ‘Thou, Lord hast helped me.’”
Charles Spurgeon

No comments: