The Johnston Family Blog



Happenings and musings from the Johnston family







Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday, David!


Today was David's 6th birthday. We started the day with birthday pancakes! He got a birthday crown and gift at school and his class (and the bus!) sang "Happy Birthday" to him. When Dave got home from work, we all went to Jake's Hamburgers for a birthday dinner.

It's hard to put into words how much David means to our family. He is so full of life, laughter, and fun! He is creative, joyful, happy, crazy, full of energy, silly, considerate, friendly, kind, compassionate, generous, loyal, and does everything with all of his heart!

When he plays sports he plays with everything he's got! He plays hard. I love that about David.

He makes new friends wherever he goes and loves people. Seriously, I can't take him anywhere if I don't feel like meeting and talking to everyone there! hahaha. He is often the life of the party. It's so funny...even at our bus stop, the other three boys are always around David and wanting to talk to David. LOL!

I remember the first moment I held him and every step that he has taken over his 6 years. We are so glad we get to be your Mom and Dad. I can't wait to watch you grow up into the person you are going to be...we pray that you use these gifts that God has given you to do great things for his glory. We love you!








I have a few posts to catch up on...hopefully I'll get to it over the weekend. This has been a very busy week!

No comments: