The Johnston Family Blog



Happenings and musings from the Johnston family







Monday, June 14, 2010

Dave's Triathlon


First, let me just tell you that I am so proud of Dave! He competed in his first triathlon this past Saturday and he did an amazing! I couldn't believe how well he did with little time to train! David and Owen were so proud of their Daddy. We were there to cheer him on the entire time and enjoyed watching him swim, bike and run. Even Owen was cheering, "Go Daddy, go Daddy!". This traithlon is for beginners and included a 1/4 mile swim, 10 mile bike, and 3 mile run. 267 people competed in this triathlon which took place at Lums Pond in Delaware.

Dave did so well that he actually placed 2nd in his weight division and won a medal! David was so excited about Dave winning, that he ran up to Dave on the podium. :)

Of course, Dave is so humble that he didn't want me to post anything about it or even tell anyone, but I told him that I absolutely couldn't help but tell everyone! :)

Great job Dave!!!


Just finishing the swim

Getting on the bike

Our friend, Maura, also competed. She did a great job!

Mimi was there with us cheering Dave on!

Completing the bike

At the finish



Dave finished in 1:03

DONE!



Winning the medal!



2 comments:

Jason and Megan said...

That's awesome! I'm very impressed!!

Maura said...

Way to go Dave!!! I still think it is so awesome that you got second place. Glad we stayed for the awards!!!