The Johnston Family Blog



Happenings and musings from the Johnston family







Thursday, February 4, 2010

Great quote

I was so encouraged by this quote, I wanted to share it with all of you. I've been following the girl talk blog and although last year I was a member of the 5 AM club, I haven't been able to get up that early since becoming pregnant. I am looking forward to getting up earlier and starting the club back up again, because it was extremely beneficial to me. This quote was from the blog today:

"Our obedience, discipline and hard graft are not insignificant or optional. On the contrary, they are the God-intended context for growth. But something else energizes the growth till the fruit is ready for harvest: all is done through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God (verse 11)….In this setting the daily task of obedience remains hard, but not fruitless. We are often neglectful, frequently failing, ever inadequate; yet the end is secure, for God is at work.”

"Getting up early to sit at Jesus’ feet is hard, but not fruitless. We may fail, but the end is secure: God is at work."

This was so encouraging to me that my hard work and obedience each day isn't for nothing and that God is working through it. Most of all, even when I fail, God is at work and he is faithful!!!

No comments: