The Johnston Family Blog



Happenings and musings from the Johnston family







Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Lord's Help and Rest

This really helped me today...from Spurgeon's Checkbook of the Bank of Faith

"My brethren, God is good.
he will not forsake you: he will bear you through.
There is a promise prepared for your present emergencies;
and if you will believe and plead it at the mercy-seat through Jesus Christ,
you shall see the hand of the Lord stretched out to help you.
Everything else will fail, but His word never will."

Also, this verse I read today...it's a great verse for me now! :-)

Psalm 127:2
"...and he gives to his beloved sleep."

Another quote by Spurgeon...
"...the Lord himself gives us not only the reasons for rest, but rest itself. Jesus himself is our peace, our rest, our all.
'Sprinkled afresh with pardoning blood,
I lay me down to rest
As in the embraces of my God,
Or on my Savior's breast.' "

No comments: