The Johnston Family Blog



Happenings and musings from the Johnston family







Monday, June 27, 2011

My Birthday Boy - Owen


We celebrated our Owen this past weekend with two parties, going to see Cars 2 and lots of family and friends! I can't believe my sweet boy is 3 years old!
On Sunday our family gathered together to have a party for Owen. Mommom made him a Cars 2 cake and he loved it! I loved watching him as we all sang, "Happy Birthday" to him. He was so blessed. :)
Our Owen is such a sweet boy (most of the time!). He is quiet and creative and at times a little timid and loves to be a part of anything that his big brother is doing. He makes up the best games and plays so creatively with his toys and brothers. I love watching him play and make up stories and games. He has a great imagination! He loves his little friends and gets so excited when he sees them. He loves it when we are able to give him one on one attention. I love it when I get to talk to me when it's just him and me. He is so cute and I love to hear his little stories and his take on things. I love his little voice. I love how he always says to me, "I love you Mommy". It warms my heart. I love how he greets people with enthusiasm and says, "Hi guys, hi guys!" SO CUTE! He is growing and learning each day. I love that he loves it when I read to him. Even at his age, he would just sit with me all day. He even sits and listens to David read to him. He loves hugs and kisses and cuddles and some of my favorite moments of each day are the times I get to cuddle with Owen. I love that he still loves his blankie. I love his excitement about new things and watching him experience life all around him.

It's hard to believe that it's been 3 years. I still remember what a sweet baby Owen was...he was so good! And now he is a big 3 year old.

We love you Owey! We are so grateful that you are our little boy. Happy birthday!

The cake!






























No comments: