The Johnston Family Blog



Happenings and musings from the Johnston family







Thursday, October 29, 2009

25th Anniversary


A few weeks ago, we traveled up to CFC two weeks in a row to celebrate their 25th anniversary. It was a very emotional night, filled with so many memories. We walked away freshly grateful for the goodness of God in our lives through that church. Some highlights for me were: the museum which was simply amazing! Seeing old, dear friends who feel more like my family. My dad was able to be a part of a panel of original church plant team members and they recounted the early days of the church which is a part of my childhood that I cherish. The eighties band led my Bill Patton. When I saw them walk out and saw Mr. Patton, I began to cry. The slideshows and the laughter. It was a wonderful time looking back on the past 25 years and recounting the goodness and faithfulness of our God.



the panel with my dad

The eighties band

This was powerful. Different people came up to the song, "Prodigal" and on one side of their banner, it showed their life before Christ and the other side what Christ had done for them through the church.



No comments: