The Johnston Family Blog



Happenings and musings from the Johnston family







Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve!

I love Christmas Eve. (I think I like it even better than Christmas Day!) We get to see Dave's mom's side of the family every Christmas Eve which is so nice, because we don't get to see them very often. And this year, we are going to go to a Christmas Eve candlelight service too. Dave and I have a tradition of reading the Christmas story and another short story by Tolstoy, "Papa Panov's Christmas" at night and we always watch my all-time favorite Christmas movie, "It's a Wonderful Life." We'll read the Christmas story to David and Owen and also, "Twas the Night Before Christmas." We will sing some Christmas carols and have egg nog and cookies. (Next year I will have my piano and we'll be able to do it around the piano!!!)
Yesterday, David and I made jello jigglers and cut them out into Christmas shapes. David loved it! He thought it was so funny that the jello wiggled!

For several weeks now, we've had a gingerbread train kit that we've been saving to do on Christmas Eve with Daddy. We are so excited! David keeps asking me when we are going to make the train! :) We finally get to make it!

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve with your loved ones!

Our Owen's first Christmas Eve!





No comments: