The Johnston Family Blog



Happenings and musings from the Johnston family







Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Elise Hope

Today I've been thinking a lot about our baby girl who is in heaven. My friend in PA, Jen, and her family are grieving the loss of her oldest brother's and his wife's baby. She was about 5 months along and today found out at a scheduled ultrasound that their baby had died. She will have to deliver the baby just like I did. Our hearts go out to them and their entire family which I've always felt were like a second family to me. I've been thinking about them and praying for them all day. This has brought back the terrible memories of the day we found out our baby had died and being induced later that night and then delivering her the next morning. Feeling the grief that will never completely go away as there will always be someone missing in our family. I wish she was here with us. Sometimes when I look at our two boys, I think to myself that she should be here with us too. I know someday we will be all together and the hope is what I cling to. This verse was true and was a great comfort to us especially during the first weeks after losing Elise:

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.

Isaiah 43:2

We miss you Elise and look forward to our reunion in perfect joy.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sarah--

Just read your post, thanks for caring so much--we are all grieving and already miss this little one that was to join our family soon-we need to get together soon and catch up! Miss you--Jen

Sarah said...

We are praying for your family. I miss you too and would love to get together!!!
Sarah